This flu season, due to the vaccination shortages, the CDC is recommending that specific priority groups get their vaccinations first, and then the non-priority group forgoes their vaccination all together this 2004-2005 flu season. The priority group is as follows:
- Children between ages 6-23 months
- Adults aged 65+
- Individuals with chronic conditions aged 2-64
- All women who will be pregnant during the 2004-2005 flu season
- Residents of nursing homes/long term facilities
- Children between 6 months to 18 years of age on chronic aspirin therapy
- Health care workers that work in direct patient care
- Household contacts/out-side caregivers of children under 6 months of age
People who have severe allergies to chicken eggs or those who have Guillain-Barre syndrome (obtained after a flu vaccine) should not receive get a 2004-2005 flu vaccine.
The best tip for flu prevention for those unable to get a flu vaccination or for those in the priority group to further protect them selves this flu season is to maintain a healthy immune system.
Växa's Flu Prevention Pac is a Scientifically Advanced homeopathic medicinal strategy engineered to naturally support the function, and thereby the resistance, of the Immune System. When the Immune System is weakened it is prone to common bacterial and viral infections, including the flu virus, colds, chronic fatigue, laryngitis, asthma and emphysema, as well as bacillary dysentery, toxic radiation and chemical poisoning (and the defective elimination of such poisons), vaccinal poisonings, herpes simplex & zoster (shingles), mononucleosis and lymphadenitis, anemia, typhoid and typhus fever, encephalitis, hepatitis, tuberculosis, pneumonia, septic blood and auto-infections, and subsequent diminution of the population of red blood cells. Växa's Flu Prevention Pac is formulated to provide nutritional support for the Immune System.